Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vitamin C...not the kind you get in oranges


Where do the days go? I swear I was sitting in this exact same spot, doing the exact same thing not two minutes ago...but really, it was yesterday; no, it was the day before; no--perhaps the day before that.

You know you're slowly going mad when you consistently begin to skip coffee to start work immediately after rolling out of bed. Not only does this course of action have a major zombifying effect, it also leads to insanely slow work. For someone who's been addicted to caffeine since she was 12 (that's right; I've been a coffee-holic for more than half of my life. "The first step to recovery is admitting that..."), this behavioral pattern is indicative of an extremely troubled psyche... The immediate cause? Graduate school. The solution?...

And here's the rub: I can't figure out the answer without my coffee!

No comments: